Monday 10 December 2012

Evaluation: Reflection on Student Magazine

   Reflecting on my work completed for the student magazine, i feel pleased with the outcomes. I think that the magazine cover looks presentable as it follows basic conventions of real magazines, such as the biggest text on the page being the masthead and multiple cover lines suitable to the content of the magazine and it's genre.  I think that the cover could have been improved as I could have used a clear main cover line, and also having more time to enhance the over all presentation.
   Looking back I believe that Photoshop may have been a better device to achieve a professional look to the cover, so I'll think about using it for the music magazine task. I was pleased with the contents page as it was only a rough draft, if i were ever to complete it I would think about the background and add in either colour or a photo for more visual variety. Furthermore, I would  add outlines to the fonts and some pictures, but this again is a tool I would have to use on Photoshop.
   I decided to stick to 3 main colours on the contents page, which all contrasted but weren't too harsh on the eye. These colours were also used on the front cover, so there was a clear connection between the two pieces, I liked this aspect of my work and will keep it in mind for the next project.
   I believe the magazine looks like an legitimate college magazine. The model is wearing basic make up and clothing, this was to make sure that there would not be any aspect of the picture that would distract the reader from the cover lines and information featured on the front. Also, Darcy is carrying books and smiling so she looks both happy and like a 'typical student.'

No comments:

Post a Comment