Friday 19 April 2013

Evaluation Question 7: Showing Progress Through Comparrison


Comparing my two media products I think that it is clear my skills in creating media texts has improved, regarding layout choices, ability using the resources and general knowledge on what makes a text visually pleasing with appropriate content.

 The music magazine looks more like a legitimate magazine product, with consistent fonts relevant to the genre and easily legible, and a busy general image that isn't overwhelming. The college magazine has a lot of negative space, and the fonts and colours are very basic. These choices had no sufficiency either, research and planning enabled me to justify decision made with my music magazine product, so the design elements were chosen with my goal/audience in mind. Furthermore, the college magazine's colour scheme is not explored thoroughly, in my second text I have used the same colours for big and small pieces to keep the same visuals consistent, and not uneven.  It's clear that I have produced the music magazine with edited contrast and brightness, to achieve this a level of diversity in the graphology. Also there is a barcode, date and price on CLASH where as there is just a date on EDUCATE's cover, this again brings more authenticity into the second text than the first, as it looks more like a legitimate product.




Here are my contents pages and again, in comparison I feel that it is evident that I have progressed from the preliminary task. Again, on the left a lot of negative space is expressed and overall it looks extremely amateur. On the right the contents page is filled up more with text and again a colour scheme is consistent. The images also demonstrate better quality and generally shows more professionalism. During the production and presentation of the college magazine I was more dis-organised in blogging and creating media, the example shown here is the same one I posted as my 'final contents' but I had failed to notice the text curser over some of my text, which could be a careless mistake but none the less demonstrates how I wasn't as thorough when evaluating my final pieces. Furthermore, with my music contents page I have experimented with capitalization, and font choice; the college contents font differs greatly in style from that of the cover, which shows I had little knowledge or consideration for cohesion between texts.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth. Just checking blogs. Well done on completing all evaluation and music mag tasks

    ReplyDelete