Monday 28 January 2013

Research Evaluation

   After researching the current music magazine market, and choosing my genre of rock, and further researching this, I have found a number of themes, traits and ideas to include in my text. For example, it's been clear to me after my research that the rock genre is heavily associated with violence and disorder, which will be a theme that can be easily communicated through my graphological and phonological (masthead title especially) choices. This ideology has been expressed through legitimate products with the genre of rock music too, so is obviously a trait others have picked up on and think is useful to use. Furthermore, I have discovered and illustrated how the genre is extremely broad, being an umbrella to multiple sub genres. This will be a feature that must influence my choices in the magazine construction, as the bands featured should be a large variety to satisfy a large audience spectrum of preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment