Friday 15 March 2013

Production: Contents Pages Drafts


These are screen shots taken of my contents page whilst I was creating them, here I have imported the main image and added multiple cover lines along with feature listings, all conventions of a typical contents page. I decided to do all of this manually in order to achieve my chosen ratios, proportions and placing. I created three columns at the lower half of the page and listed my chosen contents. I listed only highlights of the magazine, not full chronological listing of the content, this way I could enc-operate a lot of the cover lines featured on my cover page. I also manually created a sticker that highlighted the stories that were shown on the front cover to make this clear for the readers, it was created from a red jaggered circle that I added a thick outline to and wrote 'cover story' in the same font that is shown on 'contents' and on the cover's masthead. This was one of the many factors I chose to make sure the magazine contents page looked consistent with the rest of the texts, another way I did this was to keep the colour scheme frequent, and use pictures of the model on the cover to highlight the magazines main feature. Furthermore, I have used a main image along with two cover lines in bigger font, this was enforce the some of the 'best features'. For example, the magazine will include smaller stories, such as weakly additions and information of smaller bands, there will also be slightly more valuable and enticing stories that correspond with current tours, dates, and record releases and then there will be the most intriguing stories that are the main selling points to the magazine. This will be interviews, photo shoots and stories that consist of rare happenings, and feature artists that are the most popular at the time. For example, I chose 'Best moments of 2012' as a bigger cover line due to it being an infrequent story to feature. Another significant story is the interview mentioned with band Tenacious D, which to enforce I have displayed a large picture of the band along with a large font on the matching cover line. And finally, the other 'main' story is the interview with my fictional band Deadrunners, which has been shown to be of importance through their spot on the main page, and further pictures featured on the contents page along with their 'cover story' sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment