Wednesday 27 March 2013

Production: Contents Page Update

    Here is my contents page at the current stage in the project, here I am presenting two outcome that I have made. The only difference I have made is the size of the column separators,  and I did this because I thought this may look more authentic. However, I am unsure on this decision and will ask people soon for feedback to help me decided which draft is best.

Furthermore, after proceeding to work on my double page spread text, I knew from the beginning that I needed to have the same font used on the contents page to also feature for the double page spread to maintain my house style. But, after experimenting with font on the double page spread, 'Myriad Pro' worked much better on the text than 'Skia' (my contents font). This was because of spacing issues and over all tone, it just didn't seem to fit. Here is a section of my double page spread; the stand first, with both font outcomes:
  -Skia
- Myriad Pro


The two fonts are however quite similar when they are in small size,  so I decided to change the contents to feature 'Myriad Pro,' as the change isn't too significant and doesn't (in my opinion) harm the authenticity of the piece. Here are the results: 


No comments:

Post a Comment