Saturday 23 March 2013

Production: Double Page Spread Construction and Changes

      Here is a draft of my Double Page Spread, initially I had written out the article in white, against a black background, in the default font on InDesign. For the stand first, I chose 'Myriad Pro' in size 24pt and added a plum colour to highlight the name of the person being interviewed. I chose this plum as it went well with the backdrop to the main image, also withholding a sense of femininity to the page. To select the colour I used the 'eyedropper' tool, to make sure this was communicated, and to keep this colour consistent, I looked at the coding name which was '23,100,74,15.' This was so I could use the colour again across the page. I also used this to highlight the word 'Change' and the speech marks around the pull out quote/ article title. Initially, for the main body of the article I created text boxes that were correctly aligned using the '........' tool.


However, after thinking rationally, I realized that a white background may be the better option for this text. This is due to my low distribution price, as white would be cheaper to print. Furthermore, this gives the text an authentic look.

Here, I have made the question titles the same plum colour that runs consistently through the page to make them standout, and put them in the same font and capitals as the stand first.
Here is my first draft of my double page spread, I am still thinking of changing elements such as the box of information included and how the questions are presented. I want to experiment with what looks the most visually effective before I decide on my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment